Volunteers and Coaches
Updated Wednesday April 4, 2018 by Admin.
Volunteers and Coaches are the lifeblood of any volunteer organization and are always needed and greatly appreciated.
As part of the Carolina Amateur Hockey Association (CAHA), all GGHA volunteers who have regular contact with players must have a USA hockey background check and complete USA Hockey SafeSport training.
Thank you for your continued support of the Greater Greenville Hockey Association and the youth hockey community!
If you would like to help in any capacity, either as part of a team or the organization please contact any board member with your interest. THANKS!
How to become a Coach:
- Get your USA Hockey ID. You must select "Ice Player/Coach"
- Download, complete and submit the attached "Coaches Application".
- Register with GGHA. Select the appropriate division in Coach Role.
- Complete your background screening.
- GGHA, to be in compliance with USA Hockey, has instituted a policy to screen coaches, on-ice officials and volunteers who have contact with players, whether girls or boys, under the age of 18. Click here for more information
- Certification: All GGHA Coaches must be properly certified based on USA Hockey guidelines
- Complete the USA Hockey Safe Sport Training (required every two years). Click here for more information or Here
- Find, register and attend the required certification clinic. Level 1 is for beginning coaches. Click here for more information.
- Complete the necessary online age-specific module(s) by December 31st. Click here for more information.
Some fees may be reimbursable
Rules for Coaches:
- You must be on skates. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You must have a helmet. NO EXCEPTIONS